Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Ups and Downs

I don't think there is anyone who walks this earth that doesn't love friendly competition. I also find it funny to see how much we gloat over the loses and victories of our respected teams even though we had nothing to do with outcome of the game.

Its a psychology thing it has the do with the association/disassociation condition. We pick a team to follow we cheer them on at every game. Here's where the condition comes in Those that get caught up in the moment of cheering for their team become so associated with the team that in our minds we literally become a member of that team and are controlling the future outcome. When your team happens to win the phrase most often heard is "We Won!!!" However when your team loses the disassociation immediately sets in and we become as distant as fan of the winning team. The phrase most often heard with this is "They Lost"

Well tonight the team that I follow suffered a tough loss and its one of those games you hate to lose because the margin of victory was 1 lousy point.

I will tip my hat to Duke and their athletic ability, but I will also say that you can't hope to win a basketball game committing 22 turnovers.

UNC I will always love you!!!!!


I'm a Tarheel born, I'm a Tarheel Bred, and when I die I'll be Tarheel Dead so it's Rah Rah For Carolina, Rah Rah For Carolina, Rah Rah for Carolina, Rah Rah Rah

No comments: