Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Thoughts on Certain Issues

the past few days have been trying to say the least. I have been caught up in this array of high emotional turmoil ranging from extreme desire to extreme depression. I'm not describing my emotions as of late as far as concerning me I'm doing quite fine what I speak of is that of other people and what I have observed. How is it that these emotions always seem to involve memebers of the opposite sex.

I find to be truly ready to persue any relantionship one must be content and satisfied with oneself and also not letting the relationship with Christ become a "ball and chain" that you drag around. You must also be content and satisfied with the love that Christ has for you regardless of others. Secondly, in any relationship must start slow very slow approach it from the the angle of wanting to gain a friend first then given that you and the person that you are interacting with share similiar interests and all that other stuff then and only then can you begin to slowly test the waters.

I used to think that dating someone, and being with someone would be all that I ever would need. I neglected to remember that in Christ I'm found and made complete and that he satisfies any need, want, or desire that I would ever have. After coming to that realization wanting to date someone became something that yes I would enjoy doing but I didn't need it to define myself.

In writing this I'm reminded of the Church of Ephesus in the book of Revelation God's word to them was a word of praise concerning their hard work and perserverance, but God held but one thing against them they had forsaken their first love.

That would be my prayer for those who read this post to remember that we are first called to love and become more like Christ each day then we are called to love each other.

Do Not Forsake Your First Love!!!!!!!

No comments: