Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ink and Blood

Well today I took an excused/unexcused break from classes to go with Dr. Ballard my Hebrew Prof. Rick, and Phil "rabbi" Stokes to the Ink and Blood: History of the Bible exhibit that is being held in the old convention center in Knoxville from Feb 5th til April 17th if your interested in learning about the history of how the bible that you hold in your hands today got there and what it went through I suggest you go and take a look.

Being the Fledgling Hebrew Scholar that I am; I had high expectations about the portions of the dead sea scrolls contained within this collection. However my expectations were a little too high in my opinion when I got there and examined what they had.

Most of the fragments were about the size of quarter to a half dollar some even small as a dime specks of papyrus and were so black from age that you couldn't even begin to read the inscriptions so you had to trust what the the little placard said it was.

I also came to discover that it was more about translation and production of the bible and William Tyndale was hailed as one of the greatest people in the history of the bible

the scale at which things were displayed was: hebrew and greek texts,TYNDALE

No comments: