Thursday, August 12, 2004

Wow !!!!!!!

I'm really excited about wednesdays and sundays this fall at FBC morristown after meeting and practicing with the band last night I'm really pumped. As it turns out I'm basically replacing Phil Owen as lead acoustic and lead vocals John told me to be myself and not to ask what Phil did during worship. He said we need to be about new things and playing different stuff. I was sitting around waiting for us to start last night and my first impression was that these kids are just gonna sound like a loud garage band with lots of noise and no real music to it but I was quickly convinced otherwise when started playing I could sing of your love forever it sounded awesome. John challenged us with learning a new song every month so that we will constantly be playing new stuff. I asked the band if they had ever heard of Caedmons Call and Miller the electric guitar player said what is that and I was like WHAT!? so that opened a new door of lots of songs we can play.

I have finally arrived my middle school dream of being in a band has come true...well not really but I'm playing songs with a group of people. The band is called 3 Rivers Rising I don't know what it stands for I wasn't consulted on the name I could really care less about a name cause its not about us, and the minute we start to think and act that way is when we need to stop.

so basically all thats missing from my room is my TV, Fridge, and Chair which I think is gonna go in the living room and my clothes and computer which I will bring up next friday when I move in but I'm so excited about my internship and this school year if all goes well I will get to walk across that stage in May.

No comments: