Thursday, August 19, 2004

Claim The Victory

My Mom said said something to me the other night that really struck me in a way that it has ever before..We were talking about this lawsuit that My Family and I are facing and a couple of other situations that have come to light in recent days. She told me that God gives us the power to claim the victory in any and every situation. In the past I have reacted in a manner such as "yeah yeah ok" but the other night I was dealin with a really emotional load concerning a good friend of mine and I will keep it at that nothing further being said. I was really looking forward to moving back to school and enjoying the school year with all my friends but it seems that with each passing day something would come up making the year look worse and worse. It really made sense to me that night and I prayed claiming the victory in all the situations that I along with God's help am dealing with. I also prayed that good would come of all the situations that don't directly involve me and that I have no control over. Its hard sometimes to realize that God really does want the best for all of us in anything that we deal with. I also believe that there is a reason that we go through these tough experiences it only builds our faith and teaches us that we must rely on God at all times regardless of whether or not we feel strong enough to face them by ourselves.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57

No comments: