Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Fond Memories Held Dear

I just finished watching We Were Soldiers with Adam and towards the end I was overcome with a river of memories that I've had the privilege of sharing with many. Most of them were with Adam.

Late night coffee sessions when the smarter have long since been in bed resting for the day ahead. Late night to early morning strolls in nostalgic downtown Jeff City, walking across the wind-swepted and rainy Cherokee Damn enjoying what Adam and I like to call "Good Scottish Weather." Staying up late to catch whether or not Conan O'Brien would do the famous "string dance" for us. The echoing sound of trains far off in the distance making their way through Jeff City. Late night talks about nothing at all, and some about the most serious of things. Nights when my body shouted emphatically, "Go to bed" I said, "shove off!!, I'm going to Perkins." Nights I've long to retreat to my bed there would Adam and Andy wanting me to watcha movie. Also hoping to catch a glimpse of the Govenator of Conan. In my memories I find myself again walking with Adam across the dam smoking my pipe and listening just listening to wind as it breezes along.

No comments: