Thursday, October 19, 2006

Watch for Flying Grey Matter

Well after my first round of tests came back with no favorable grades on them I've reasserted myself with the appropriate mentoring and accountability; and I'm now faithfully reading the assigned text as called for.

Wouldn't know the results of quizzes and that right come with grades like 90's and 96's and 100's even. Its amazing what you can happen when your faithful to study. I digress...the title of this post has to do with my Church History class. It is very engaging* and I'm learning and hearing alot in that class. right now we are at about the 4th Century or so right around the time of the Arian(not the neo-Nazi's) Controversy and the Council of Nicea and that stuff. Its simply amazing what the Early Christian's concerns were over. I mean today some our biggest concerns are Do members really have to park off-campus and ride the shuttle to church allowing visitors come??

I mean just think about actually debating whether or not the Jesus you called Savior was He of the Father(the term: Homoousios meaning same substance for all you non-greek peeps) or something else. Its so much at times I feel like my little naive baptist mind is going to explode. (hence the title)

Hope everyone is well I must apologize to the blogsphere for my the posts I had on here recently they were done out of frustration and God was really working on me and I was fighting him tooth and nail as I tend to usually and we all know what happens when you fight against God. So I'm starting a book study of James if anyone wants to join me in a dialogue about it not it will be Good just the same.


* I say engaging yet I've yet to engage I'm just taking it all in still. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether or not I comprehend it cause I'm not asking questions.; and yet still it could be arrogance for not asking questions.

No comments: