Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Visit Report!!!

Typing from my new home away from home...the "Sartain Hilton" Crashing for the night with one of my Frat Bros Brandon then heading back to Knoxville for work tomorrow afternoon.

Well I guess I will report on my trip to Southeastern, I went with yet another Frat Bro of mine Rick down to Wake Forest and toured and looked around Southeastern Seminary. Its a very small campus I would venture even to say smaller than Carson Newman. What I didn't know was that Southeastern use to be Wake Forest College and Southeastern and Wake Forest College used to be all contained with same campus. I noticed this by the insignia on the floor in the administration the letters WFC.

The tour was good until around the last part of the tour the subject matter of conservative vs. liberal came up and how the advice to any prospective student was to be warry of some these area "churches" that they tend to be too liberal and not totally preaching the truth of the bible. This started the pre-progamed SBC speech which basically summed up is a call to indoctrination. I adhere myself to the Apostle Paul in that my righteousness is no more than filthy rags. I'm called to peace not to argue. Furthermore I'm commanded to search the word for the truth. I take everything taught or spoken to me concerning the Bible and I look to find it for myself to prove that its valid.

All in all it was good trip and I learned and saw alot that I needed to see. The chapel service that we attended was by far the best part of the whole trip. The message spoke to me in special way and in a drastic switch all the people at chapel sang during worship as opposed to Carson Newman chapels where a fraction of the people attendances sang.

No comments: