Thursday, September 01, 2005

Angels Among Us

I meant to post about this the day it happen...but as you know you get caught up in the things at hand and you forget.

I was around the house last week when the doorbell rang to find a "door to door" sales rep who was selling gutter covers( the things you can place over your roof gutters so you don't have to clean them out).

He asked me if I was the home owner, I responded by saying that he was not in right now. You would think that would be the end of the conversation/sales pitch but no, he asked me if I went to school here in the area. I told him that I had recently graduated from Carson Newman. That prompted him to ask was my Bachelor's was in. I told him religion and he then asked what did I plan to do with that. I told him my plans for seminary and my calling after seminary.

He also asked me if I was working in a church right now and I told him no that I was working in "the real world" so that I would be able to better relate to my congregation when the time comes(props to Adam F.)

He told me that he was a christian and looking for a church in his hometown. He asked me about how my jobs were going to which I replied about the discouragement that I go through sometimes. I told him that all of the jobs that I've worked so far I have gotten now inner satisfaction from which tells me that is not my life profession.

We talked for about 15 mins about all of this and in closing he told me that no matter what you do you always have to do it as it says in the word and that being "Do as unto the LORD" and as he left he told me that he was going to pray for me as we continued through my neighborhood.

afterwards sitting in the kitchen getting I bite to eat I stare up and the ceiling and just told God thank-you. I did because I had been having very crummy work week and that was just encouragement beyond belief.



In closing of this post my prayers and thoughts go out to all the NOBTS students that have been displaced by this disaster. my prayers also go out to the rest of the people of the Big Easy.

No comments: