Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm Open to Advice???

I know alot of people who read this title and post would say pray about it. I will tell you that I am I would just like to know what people think about this situation.

I'm trying to weigh my options on my future. Here's the situation I'm discouraged by the politics of the Church brought on by the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) and how it invades everything and how everything that is not in line with what the SBC says is painted as liberal and wrong. So option number one is going to Gardner Webb Divinity School and continuing my ministry training there. My church has a real vision for those who are called to ministry. In that they provide money towards tutions, books, etc. They're policy is that to receive said funds the seminary has to be one of the 6 major SBC seminaries. So if I go to Gardner Webb I go without the financial assistance of my church and possibly without their blessing/commissioning as a minister of the gospel. If go to Southeastern I will receive said funds and everything will be as normal.

I had a conversation with a gentleman tonight at work that really helped me. I told him what I was facing and he being from FBC told me that there are somethings that he doesn't agree with in the church yet that doesn't stop him from worshipping and following his God. It didn't solve my problem on where to go to seminary but it made feel better nonetheless.

so I'm open to advice and suggestions.....

1 comment:

Adam said...

ugh, bro you're getting spammed! i think you can go in and delete those posts, block the ip addresses, etc..

anyway, pray.

then, email me. :)