Saturday, September 03, 2005

New Things


Well as I type this post I type it using my new Dell Laptop w00t!! A purchase made for seminary for notes and papers and what not.

After thinking about yesterday my last post and the article that I posted to compliment it may how have sounded like I codone the explicit behavior mentioned in the article. I set the record straight I don't I belive that lifestyle is in direct rebellion to God.

My point was simply you shouldn't use the Bible out of context just simply because a verse that you scan over happens to fit your argument. I have to believe that 9 times out of 10 when you use the bible in an arguement/discussion the verses we use out of context and and deal with total different lines of thought in the bible.

Tomorrow is really special for our Church: First Baptist Concord we're having what we are calling "Founder's Day" we are celebrating the people of Creighton Memorial Baptist Church. It was located in Old Concord which now most of it is underwater because of TVA. There were members of the church tht\at sensed that God was going to do something big. So in faith they move to a small plot of land out on Kingston Pike and by one vote start a new church called First Baptist Concord.

tomorrow's service is going to be "retro" what I mean by retro is 1963 era church service no praise band just organ and piano, no big screen with the words to the songs just singing hymns from the hymnals, and after the service an Old Fashion Baptist "dinner on the grounds"

Alot of people would say that I'm too young to know what that was like but I've been to a church or two that still conducts it's services like that and yes they do feed you after church.

No comments: