Sunday, July 04, 2004

40 Days of Purpose

after much prayer and debate with myself I have come to..rather God has brought me to the conclusion that the reason I've failed at the relationships that I've tried to start with girls is.... A relationship is what I wanted to fill the space that is meant for God in a Christian's life. So I've resolved to get back on the straight and narrow path by doing the 40 Days of Purpose book to discover God's Purpose in my life. I'm convinced that since I've have not be obedient to God in having a quiet time He has seen fit not to bring the person that he has for me....For 2 reasons 1. I would not be good enough for her and 2. she would not deserve anything but my best with regards to being obedient to the Will of God. Once again I've demonstrated to myself that Me on my own can do nothing and that anything I do is prone to fail at some point but with God by my side any and everything I do will succeed.

I ask that all who read this blog pray for me and my discipline to complete the 40 Days book and pray also that not be the end of it that I will continue to have a consistent quite time or some kind of time where I sit down and read Gods word.

Oh yeah I almost forgot I finally got a call back from John Walker (I think) about the Youth Internship at FBC Morristown we talked at length on Friday about my beliefs and my personal theology and as of this point I have a really good feeling about this possible ministry opportunity its truly amazing what will happen after God has knocked you on your butt and you've resolved to follow him again.

I would ask that everyone be in prayer about this as well.


the title has a link to the purpose driven life website for any and all who are
interested.


HAPPY 4th of July everyone!!!!!!!

No comments: