Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Return of the Scotsman

Well I've returned mentally beaten and bruised my absence from the blogsphere has been...yes from writing my first major exegesis. All I can say at this moment is I did it. Its no earth shattering theological work. In fact there is more scholarly notes in it almost to the point of feeling guilty. I cited and gave credit were credit was due but still felt like I should have had more to say. I can say that when I was done typing my brain felt empty.


In reading Mark Driscoll's blog I see the [JV Catholics(Episcopals) as my Grandfather referred to them as] have slipped one more step towards complacency and apathy in electing their first women bishop to preside over the church as a whole. Not to mention one who condones homosexuality as a accepted practice. Who says in an article that:
She believes the church should ordain gays and bless same-sex couples, though she insists she won't impose her views on others.

Excuse me but what form of the scriptures does she read from?????

Where have all the male leaders of the church gone???.....fishing perhaps...and not for men...methinks?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your back!!! and have made it through writing the paper.

A. Whipple said...

Welcome back indeed. You shall have to tell me the results. You've missed some good stuff. Time to catch up with all us non-academia types.

Jared Lucas said...

whipple ~ so what has been going down with in the non-academic sector?

today's entry word: lneen

where do they come up with this stuff????

A. Whipple said...

Nathan has a new Hammond M3 that he got for $25!!!

I've almost run out of cds, and I'm thinking about recording another.

Feldman's new church plant is up and running.

Among other things

Jared Lucas said...

$25 are you serious???

if you still have one that I could take off your hands....I'd be willing to contribute to the cause.

I had been keeping with the church plant. by the looks of things only good things can come.

Kevin Stilley said...

Best wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving!!!