Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trick or Treating = Devil Worship

My inspiration to write comes off reading Whipple's most recent post on halloween alternatives such as Judgement houses and stuff like that.

It has come my attention that Halloween or All Hallow's Eve is a holiday viewed with alot of negativism. Yes the holiday is known by what its original purpose was found here. But honestly folks are really promoting devil worship and stuff like that by letting our kids(I don't have any) dress up for the most part like super heroes, star wars characters, GI-Joe with a couple who want to go as a vampire or Jason Vorhees, or Freddy Cougar and letting them storm the local neighborhoods to see how much they can haul in(candy) in one night. I remember when I trick or treated I would have competitions with my friends to see how much each of us to haul in.

Apparently dressing up is not just limited to kids. Granted there are some grown individuals who's costumes look good and example being Josh's brother's LOTR costume. I had two individuals who came to the marble slab last night I'm guessing they're fighting growing up tooth and nail they had Harry potter costumes on the cloaks, scarves, ties, and even the patches on the cloaks for the respect houses or what I noticed was Gryphondorn, and Ravenclaw.

No comments: