Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knowing and Doing God's Will

That is the title of my once daily devotional book, it contains short discourses and reflection statements by none other than J.I. Packer. So it has been very insightful and very thought provoking. Altogether very encouraging and helpful considering where I am now and where I've been for the last 4 months.

One thing that I have found and learned in my experience so far in life is that It is far easier to deal with adverse times than good times. With adversity we can and always look for things to get better, for the fog fade, the darkness to lift, and times to get better. With pleasant times we often times become complacent with how good we have and without warning the adversity and can spring upon us like the high tension spring of a mouse trap; so fast that we never knew what hit us until we are in the thick of it, and all we can do is ride out the storm. There is comfort in the storm because God never leaves nor forsakes us.

I have also found that while we are in the midst of the "good times" we always claim that this is God's Will for our lives and that things couldn't be better. However, as soon as things start to turn bad how quick we are to say, "now what did I do to deserve such times and these?"

Just think, could it be possible that our Sovereign God uses both Good Times and Bad Times according to his will and for whatever purpose he had ordained?

I think so, so next time you are in the midst of the storm remember that God is still there, you may not feel or sense him there, but he is.

Just Trust

Grace, Peace, and Coffee to you all.

No comments: