Saturday, August 02, 2008

Back From the Black Hole....

Well I'm back from the far reaches of cyber-space. Honestly I think I can say that my New Years Resolution to post once a week came to naught a long time ago.

Yesterday was my last day running myself ragged working 2 jobs. This summer I've been pulling double duty by working as part of the Carpentry Crew on the Facilities Management Staff @ SEBTS and working UPS.

So needless to say it been less than restful summer but I've managed to hang in there. We start the fall semester in a week and a half and personally I'm ready to get back to into a routine and schedule. The new semester always brings with it a fresh start so to speak.

On the journey of faith side of things. The analogy of the potter and the clay is a good description of my life. However in my case give the lump of clay a mind of it's own and that would be an even more accurate description. A constant war between the flesh and the spirit. The lesson learned and relearned is to ultimately bring everything that I am under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. As part of my daily time in the word Rebekah and I have been cruising' steadily through the book of Romans and its been a blessing and treat every step of the way. We both we're marveling the other day @ how well the Apostle Paul presents his argument and how well he presents evidence for the validity of his argument.

As for Rebekah and I as of this post we've been dating for and to use a 'Saved By The Bell' term going "steady" for right at a little over 4 months. I must say it has been some of the best times of my life. However, it has not been without its struggles and difficulties which I am happy to say have only lead to our relationship getting stronger,closer and deeper. I love every minute that I get to spend with Her and her Daughter, they have to be two of my favorite people in the world.

No comments: