Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Amazed By Grace

This might be a recycled title, and if it is good we should never ever treat grace as common place something that we tuck in our back pocket. Christ didn't go to the cross and endure all that he suffered for nothing. Sadly, alot of the evangelical community I feel don't have a real grasp on this concept. And if they do I hope that this would serve as a good reminder/refresher/encourager.

We treat the concept of grace and forgiveness sins as a elementary school permission slip to sin. If we/you have true regenerate heart your attitude towards sin should be one of waging war against it hating when you do do it, and avoiding it at all costs. Grace is there as an assurance of forgivness not as a means of permission. The concept, that we can do anything that merits even an ounce of righteousness is foolish. I for one used to be this person. Who thought that I could be good and do good deeds can merit me righteousness or favor with God. The realization was so relieving because the previous lifestyle was tiresome cause you worked to so hard to please God.

The ultimate realization, that we are totally depraved and there is no good within us and we cannot do anything enough to make us good and it is only through the shed blood of Christ that we can even hope to attain righteousness. In Christ God is already pleased with us, through Christ's sacrifice he views us as he does his son...Blameless....provided that we have confessed our sins and believe on and in the name of Christ.

I for one am amazed by grace. There is so much wrath that I deserve and right so, and there are so many things that I have been given that I don't deserve as well.

I'm grateful and thankful the covenant faithfulness of God my King.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

Hey Bro,
Just thought I'd drop you a line to say hi. Wasn't too sure to be honest if you would even remember me but, Anyway. I hope everythings going great for you. I had thought about calling but, thought this might be a better way to get up with you first. Alot has changed for me these last months. Oh well, take care. Idon't have the internet where I am yet so my updates are sporatic at best. But, I plan on giving you a call somethime in the next fews weeks. Wish you the best and God Bless.
Rick