Monday, January 07, 2008

Gone the way of the Dodo

Well as I planned I was back at running and working out this morning. It didn't take long for me to realize that if you don't keep at a weight loss/exercise plan the endurance you've built gradually decides to go on vacation.

On the reading front I've not even finished the 2nd chapter yet and I've already been hit my the mack truck of truth that is contained with the pages of "Celebration of Discipline" . I've already been able to identify myself within pages. Foster talks about how we often deal with slavery of ingrained sin. Foster says, "We launch a frontal attack....We rely on our willpower determination.....the struggle is all in vain and we again find ourselves once again morally bankrupt.

As Emmet Fox is quoted, "As soon as you resist mentally to a undesirable or unwanted circumstance you thereby endow it with more power...power with which it will use against you" once you've depleted the strength of your determination.

It makes sense that a person shouldn't be able to resist sin on his own just like attaining salvation by oneself....simply impossible without the help of Jesus Christ's sacrifice through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

The Irishman Needeth your help Bro. if you have time before Friday read my latest blog and respond if you will.