Thursday, June 08, 2006

Getting Closer pt. 2

At the request of friend and fellow blogger adam I figure those who have been following my journey so far since my graduation from CNC. I decided to take a brief sebatacle from being a student instead of starting my seminary training right away. I'm gonna use the next few blog posts to stew over things that I've learned during my one year respid.

I've learn over the past 10 months that there is no such thing as a perfect job. I've been working in what pop culture calls the "real world" dealing with the general public on a day to day basis. Each and everyday I'm faced with challenges that I have either conquer or be conquered by. This has made me realize that I will face the same thing in the ministry field. By working in the regular world for a brief time has enabled me to learn and observe how I react to times of difficulty as I mentioned and make mental notes so that I will be better prepared when they present themselves in the ministry field.

I find it funny how things work sometimes. I think it has finally occured to my Mom that both My brother and I will be moving away; college for my brother and as you all know seminary for me. My mom mentioned to me in passing the other day that if I had any reservations about going Southeastern she said, " You know you can always find a place to live around here and go to Southern Seminary at Maryville College."

with that I will close out this edition stay tuned for more installments.

Grace and Peace <><

2 comments:

Adam said...

"empty nesting" is tough on rents... i am sure that she is glad that she had this time with her sons, though.

A. Whipple said...

MySpace me your phone number, I kept trying to remember it and calling that lady who says that the numbers don't work.

I've got some music stuff to do tomorrow, but we'll try and get together for some food and conversation. It'll have to be at one of our homes........we have no money.

PS - what's with the goofy word verification on your comments?