Sunday, June 12, 2005

The End of an Era part 2

Well Yesterday marked the end of a particular era. Yesterday at around 3:30 I watched my brother, my friend; Adam enter into the bonds of holy matrimony. Its always bittersweet for me. But patiently and fully reliant upon God I wait for the one prepared for me. Which I'm beginning to become more and more convinced that I will meet her in seminary. But enough of that. The cermony was absolutely beautiful and finally learning the reason for the no shoes element[yes your heard or (read in this case) we didn't wear shoes] it was so appropriate. The most interesting thing for me atleast was that even after it was official it didn't feel any different. I guess the only thing different was they had rings on their respective fingers and as Katrina put it: "Now we can live together" (that made me laugh). We also had Bagpipes yes we had bagpipes which always get my blood pumpin and my heart a beatin with pride. The wedding activities ended with several unprepared groomsmen re-enacting Smokey and The Bandit or The Dukes of Hazzard as we tried to chase down Adam's car so that we could tag it with the traditional signs of "Just Married." The "Ultra-Lame" part was that Adam hid his car.

All I have to say to you Adam when you read this: "It" will happen when you least expect it (insert diabolical, sinister laugh) you may have won the battle on Saturday but you have not won the war.

You know what I'm capable of....Remember the pictures..........

No comments: