Saturday, February 28, 2009

Living Out An Authentic Christian Life

What can I say.....inspiration to write has been strong this week. I guess I can attribute it to the contemplative mood I've been in this week.

Now for some insight....

One thing in particular that I've been attempting to think out all the time, but especially this week is how do you live out an authentic Christian life, and furthermore what does that look like? Are there anythings that one desiring authenticity can do in addition to spending time in the word, in prayer, being in community with the body. These are things that are enumerated in Scripture.

Where my thoughts have been as well, is what constitutes a pure motive in doing to the things that God has commanded us to do through being obedient to Him. Is it enough that it is in part a conscious thought or something more required.

Another issue that I have been faced with regarding an authentic life as a Christian is this: I am perplexed by the the Christians who I know who hide behind their masks, for fear that the rest of the body will think or love them less. I've battled with this many times, and I've found the greatest joy and relief in confessing and admitting my struggles to my fellow brothers in the faith. True freedom I'm convinced is found in Christ as savior first and foremost as well as refusing to hide your sin(s) and admitting your struggle with the Body. Realizing the great power of your Savior and knowing that no mater how hard you strive to hide your sin it has been exposed to God.

I would encourage those who might read this to consider that which Derek Webb say in his album "The House Show"

"Your sins have been exposed as if they were on the 5:00 news they have been exposed to Jesus, He knows you better than your even willing to admit to yourself, But he's forgiven you, Take joy in the fact not that your sins are not real, but that are real, and that your Savior is real."

4 comments:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

outlook fly said...

Microsoft Outlook 2010 provides a number of new features and functionality, and can help you keep in touch with others, and to better manage time and information. Download Outlook 2010 e-mail and communications network that brings together, so keep in touch with the people you care about.

Test Guide said...

Wow which is exciting. Best part about it though, they make simple to use bikinis techniques lotions Test Guide. They perform just as excellent as a wax for females who still want to be fresh down there.

Anonymous said...

The best gift is often the Abercrombie & Fitch we buy ourselves. Not to be unappreciative, but I love shopping way too much to believe someone (even with Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasseslist in hand) could ever do it as well as I do. When buying for ourselves, shopping can be a high. I’ll admit I’m addicted, but don’t think I have a problem. Louis Vuitton SaleI know I know, the first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem, but I just don’t see Christian Louboutin Boots that way. I’m content being a shoeaholic, and wouldn’t have it any other way.Vibram Fivefingers Kso