Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fishing and Shipping

Well it's steady as she goes here in Wake Forest as of late. It hard to adjust and do things different when your schedule demands that it be such a rigid one to begin with. I'm slowly starting to use every single minute that I can, and still I fail to do so sometimes. I'm also starting to realize the beauty of waking up early you allot yourself so much more extra time that way.

It's been a rough couple weeks here recently @ UPS I've been the favorite focus of constructive ridicule I'm having and have been having trouble with misloads (putting the right package in the wrong bag). I just press on and tell my supervisors that I'm doing my best and thats all that anyone can expect from me. It's not negligence or anything of that sort. For the most part its getting tunnel vision and not thoroughly reading the address label. My mother will want to be concerned about my previous statements but what she doesn't realize is that its UPS(they get concerned and turn right around and don't care about it whatever it may be)

So after some odd years of I don't know what I've recently become interested in the art of fishing. So much more that attaching a worm to hook w/ a bobber and just letting is sit. I'm talking about bait fishing and luring fish out and getting them to strike. It was a blast yesterday it was slow start for me but as for my roommate he caught 8 smallmouth all together I managed to to catch 3 towards the end of the day. All in all a great time.

Fishing also reminds me how we as Christians struggle with temptation we see the bait what the world has to offer but what he don't know intially is lurking within that shining piece is a dangerous hook. It's only by grace and the fellow Christians around us that we're able to throw that hook and get away.

3 comments:

Kevin Stilley said...

I will be praying that things will be better at work. Glad to hear that you have found fishing to be a tonic for the soul.

A. Whipple said...

I recently broke into that bottle of Coppola Merlot a couple weeks ago.

I was expecting something heavier and a little fruitier, but it was surprisingly light and slightly floral. Wonderful stuff...

Jared Lucas said...

glad your enjoying it....there are days I wish I could enjoy a glass....ho hum