Friday, February 17, 2006

Righteous Anger or Righteous Insanity

After thinking that this would die off after a couple of days its still around. The uproar over a cartoonist dipiction of the prophet Muhammed in a Danish newspaper has sparked widespread violence across the middle east.

What I don't seem to understand is that I see people on the news burning American, British, and Israeli flags. To my knowledge the United States didn't have anything to do with this. Correct me if I'm but I believe that I said above and have read that it was a Danish Newspaper that published this cartoon.

The Meat and bones of this post focuses on this article from MSN. I'll let ya read it for yourself but essentially there is now a bounty out on the cartoonists who drew these cartoons.

In the Words of Linda Richman from SNL.....Please Discuss.

<><

1 comment:

Adam said...

just as you lumped the widespread violence "across" the middle east, so, too, is the danish cartoon assumed to be "across" the western world (which includes usamerica).

btw, this isn't anything new, and that's why it isn't dying out. the cartoons were published back in sept of last year. my understanding is that radical islamic groups are now leveraging it for political means...