Thursday, March 20, 2008

Work Out Your Faith

Last week was midterm week here @ SEBTS so I was unable to keep up with my new years pledge: a post/ a week.

The title for this post comes from life in living color. I've been in the word as of late and have really been giving a lot of thought on the matter of saving faith what that truly looks like and is. I was really struck by a message by John Piper who during the course of his sermon series on unbelief said that "walking an aisle", "signing a card", "praying a prayer" does not get it done in terms of faith that is salvific. Where my thought process has been taking me lately is wondering whether or not my faith is more than just some "prayer prayed" or some "aisle walked"

That saving faith is a matter of heart and mind not just the mind. When you truly treasure, love, and trust Jesus that is when your faith becomes salvific.

No comments: